PR Card Renewal
The Permanent Resident Card also known as a “PR-Card’ is a national Identity document issued by IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada). It is very important to have a valid PR Card for travelling abroad and returning back to Canada via Road, Rail, Airplane or Sea Vessel. Without a valid Permanent Resident Card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD), entry can be denied at the port of Entry
The PR Card is valid for a period of 5 years and should always be carried while travelling abroad and seeking entry back to Canada. If the card expires or is about to, all residents need to apply for a new card. ‘The Permanent-Resident’ status still remains active even if the card expires.
Who can apply?
- New Permanent Residents entering Canada for the first time (PR Card application at Port of Entry)
- Existing Permanent Residents with expired cards or cards expiring in less than 9 months
- Permanent Residents with a lost, stolen or a damaged card
- Amendments on the PR Card:
- Legally Changed Name
- Changing Citizenship on the Card
- Changing Gender Designation
- Correction of Date of Birth
- Applications for PR Card can only be made from within Canada. If outside Canada, residents need to first apply for ‘Permanent Resident Travel Document’ and then for PR card from within Canada
- Should not be a Canadian Citizen or a registered Indian under the Indian Act
- Should not be under an effective removal order by Government of Canada
- Must have been physically present in Canada for at-least 730 days during the last 5 years meeting the PR-Residency Requirements
Need Urgent Processing?
There can be situations that are beyond one’s control due to natural circumstances such as:
- Employment Complications
- Serious Illness
- Death of a Family Member
- Serious Illness of a Family Member
- Outside Canada and have expired Card
- Cannot Enter Canada without proper documentation
If any of the above applies, we’re here for helping you get your Documentation ready swiftly. Contact us today
To find out if you are eligible for this, please fill out a free online assessment form today.