Canadian Experience Class
Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the Federal Economic Programs under Express Entry. CEC is primarily for International Students and Foreign Workers (Already in Canada) who have gained minimum of 1 year, Full-Time and Paid work experience in Canada in the last 3 years before applying for Residency.
C1 – Minimum Requirements:
Meet the required language proficiency levels for each language ability:
- CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
- CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 5 for NOC BJobs
|O / A||10 and above||8.5-9.0||8.0-9.0||7.5-9.0||7.5-9.0|
|O / A||9||8.0||7.0||7.0||7.0|
|O / A||8||7.5||6.5||6.5||6.5|
|O / A||7||6.0||6.0||6.0||60|
|O / A||9 and above||9+||9+||9+||9+|
|O / A||8||8||8||8||8|
|O / A||7||7||7||77||7|
C2 – Work Experience:
- Have at least 1 Year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada within the last 3 years. Experience must have been obtained while on a valid work permit. Experience while studying or Coop doesn’t count
- Skilled work experience must only be in:
- Skill Level/NOC O: Managerial Jobs
- Skill Level/NOC A: Professional Jobs
- Skill Level/NOC B: Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades
- Work Experience can also be valid with 1 or more NOC O, A and B Occupations
- Must intend to live outside the province of Quebec
- Self-Employment, Business Owner and Experience gained while in school example: Coop or Internship doesn’t count as valid under Canadian Experience Class.
There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class (CEC). But it can improve overall score of the candidate as candidates would gain extra points for ‘Study in Canada’
- Education in Canada: It can get give additional points for a Certificate, Diploma, Degree or Master’s Program from a Canadian Secondary institution (High School) or Post-Secondary DLI (Designated Learning Institute) Institute in Canada.
- Foreign education: It can give additional points for a Completed Educational Credential, if there is an ‘Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report available, for Immigration purposes from a designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian: secondary institution (high school) or Post-Secondary DLI (Designated Learning Institute) Institute in Canada
C4 – Advantage over Other Programs:
Canadian Experience Class can be very beneficial to Foreign Workers and International students who are in Canada and have successfully gained valid work experience in NOC O,A,B
- Quick and Easiest way to gain Permanent Residency internally in Canada as candidates have already lived in the country and have a valid work experience of 1 year or more. This will give candidates additional points in their CRS ranks
- Minimal documentation and fast processing of max 6 months including Biometrics, Medical etc
- Candidates from Canadian Experience Class program do not require showing ‘Settlement-Funds’ in their application.
To find out if you are eligible for this, please fill out a free online assessment form today.